Pages

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Buying a sewing machine?

I just did and let me tell you, it was tough. I kept seeing machines with a zillion stitches and all I wanted to do was sew forwards and be able to reverse at the end. Maybe zig-zag if I was getting all fancy.  How in the world could I decide?

I ended up with a rockin' Brother SE400 but the other day saw a post at Learn2Quilt discussing lists of "must have features". I couldn't figure out how I'd know they were "must haves" if I had no idea what they did. Kindly, Chris Dahl answered my question with an entire post!! How's THAT for great service! While veering toward quilting, many of the features are things I currently love in regular sewing. And I almost hate to admit it, but I laughed at the needle up/down feature. Well, I laughed before I got it and use the heck out of it.

Go learn something. There is more to a sewing machine than forward, backward and zigzag. Who'd a thunk?

No comments:

Post a Comment